LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION DIVISION (DUL ADMIN.)
To make the library a world class centre of learning where conducive environment that fosters taught, teaching, learning research and scholarship reigns supreme.
- To make library an access point institution to global information resources and services in all subject fields.
- To provide the most user-friendly environment for teaching , learning and research so that the University Library becomes the centre-piece of scholarly activities in the University system
- To collaborate with Faculties in the common enterprise of knowledge generation, organization, preservation and effective dissemination.
The Service Charter: (Who I am and what I do)
Who I am: My Brief Profile.
NAME: Okoye, Michael Onuchukwu
Qualifications Institutions Attended Dates
PhD, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 2002.
MLS University of Ibadan, Ibadan, 1982
B.Sc. University of Nigeria. Nsukka. 1979
University Teaching Experiences
Advanced Cataloguing LIS 513 2002–
Use of Library and Study Skills GSP 111 2007-
Supervision of Teaching of GSP 111 2007-2014
Lectured in Library and Information Science Department of Madonna University, Nigeria during my sabbatical (2014-2015).
Masters Degree Dissertations
Content Reader, MLS Proposal of Olubiyo, Peter O PG/MLS/08/50344 2011
Content Reader, MLS Proposal of John-Okeke, Rita Chinelo PG/MLS/10/57501 2011
Lectures Delivered at PhD Students’ Contacts
Influence of ICT on Libraries
Library Resources and Formats used in Academic Research.
I have many publications in both national and international journals
Qualification Institution Dates
CLN (Chartered Librarian LRCN ( Librarian Registration 2005
Of Nigeria) Council of Nigeria )
What I do
- Administers the University Library whenever the University Librarian is unavoidably absent.
- Organizes reception of members of visiting external organizations/ bodies coming into the University library.
- Presides over preliminary Departmental Academic, Senior administrative and Technical Staff (SATS) Appraisals.
- Represents University Librarian at University Central Appraisal Committee for Senior Administrative and Technical Staff.(SATS)
- Represents University Librarian at several courtesy calls on the Vice-Chancellor.
- Represents University Librarian at a number of high profile University Committees..
- Coordinates Library component in respect of successful accreditation of Faculty of Engineering.
- Organises Library training for staff from other departments.
- Participates in populating Koha’s (Integrated Library System) server.
- Participates in editing, uploading and archiving institutional repositories in DSpace’s server
- Organises University Library Consultancy Services for Faculty of Engineering.
- Supervises both academic and non-academic Library staff.
- Enforces discipline in the University Library.