Current research and publications:
• Igbo, H.U, Imo, N.T & Asadu B.U. (2015). Information-related entrepreneurial activities of public libraries in southeast states of Nigeria. Journal of Home Economics Research 22(1), 151-162.
• Ezema, I. J & Igbo, H.U. (2015). Electronic theses and dissertation and promotion of scholarship in African universities. Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Information & Library Review 48(1).
• Igbo, H.U. & Imo, N.T. (2013). Students’ awareness and use of electronic information resources in University Libraries: case study of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. International Journal of Research in Arts and Social Sciences (IJRASS) 6, 381 – 393.
• Imo, N. T; Ugwuanyi, C. F. & Igbo, H. U. (2011). Bibliographic control of endogenous knowledge: capacity for consortium formation in South–East Nigerian university libraries. Nigerian Library Link. 9 (1&2), 42 – 54
• Imo, N. T. & Igbo, H. U. (2011). Mainstreaming library services to meet the challenges of development agenda of vision 20: 2020. Journal of the National Association for Science, Humanities and Education Research (NASHER). 9(2), 126 – 131.
• Imo. N.T. & Igbo, H.U. (2011). The challenges of software use in Nigerian university libraries: Review of experiences from 1990 – 2009. Library Philosophy and Practice September, available at unllib.unl.edu/LPP.imo-igbo
• Imo, N.T. & Igbo H.U. (2011). Providing access to knowledge in Africa: The need for capacity building in classification Indexing and abstracting skills. Library philosophy & Practice July, available at unllib.unl.edu/LPP.imo-igbo
• Okoye, M.O. Imo N.T. & Igbo, H.U. (2011). Services for conflict resolution: The role of Nigerian academic libraries. Library Philosophy & Practice, January, available at unllib.unl.edu/LPP.okoye-imo-igbo
• Igbo, H.U. & Imo, N.T. (2010). Challenges of accessibility of information resources by the post-graduate library users of a Nigerian University. The Information Technologist. 7(2), 1- 12
• Igbo, H.U. & Imo N.T. (2010). The pivotal roles of the university librarians in promoting information literacy in ICT and globalized environment. Journal of the National Association for Science, Humanities and Education Research (NASHER) 8 (2), 60-66.
• Imo, N.T. & Igbo H.U. (2010). Deployment of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in University Libraries for effective services: Issues and Hindrances. Journal of the National Association for science, Humanities and Education Research (NASHER) 8 ( 3), 45 – 50.
• Imo, N.T, Igbo, H.U. & Asiegbu, F. N. (2010). Availability and utilization of library and information services in adult literacy programmes in Nsukka Local Government Area. Nigeria Library Link. 8(2), 9-21.
• Omekwu, C.O. & Igbo, H.U. (2010). The Book chain and national development: Issues and imperatives. Journal of Applied Information Science and Technology. 4(1), 56 – 64.
• Influence of technological and human variables on undergraduates’ access to information in digital libraries of the federal universities in the three southern geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
• Electronic information resource sharing in Nigeria University libraries.
• Institutional policies and management of institutional repositories in Nigerian Universities.
Selected previous research:
• Igbo, H. U. & Imo, N. T. (2008). Assessing the information literacy skills of the undergraduate library users of the Nigerian universities. Journal of Applied Science and Technology 1(1),61 – 69.
• Imo, N.T. & Igbo, H.U. (2008). Bridging the digital divide: Building capacity for database creation in Nigerian university libraries. Journal of Applied Science and Technology 1 (1), 86 – 94.
• Imo, N. T. and Igbo, H.U. (2007) Knowledge Delivery, is the Librarian still relevant? In Eya,P.E; Nwangwu, E.O. & Asogwa G.E. (eds). Constructing knowledge Societies for sustainable development. Enugu: Prince Digital Press, 2008 ( pp. 92 – 107)
• Igbo, H.U. and Dike, C. (2006) “Sources of fund and Budgeting procedures in academic libraries: the Nigerian Experience” Administration of Academic Libraries: a book of Readings. F.C. Ekere (ed). Nsukka: UCO – Academic Publishers.