Profile of Prof. C.N. Ezeani. MNLA, CLN, AIIA, LSM
Prof. C.N Ezeani is a Chartered Librarian and is currently the University Librarian, of the University of Nigeria, Library System which incorporates the Nnamdi Azikiwe Library at Nsukka, campus; the University Library in Enugu Campus and the Medical Library in Enugu all in Enugu State. As an active member of the Nigerian Library Association (NLA) she was two time Vice Chairman of Nigeria Library Association Information Technology (NLAIT) Section and a two time Council member of the NLA. She holds a B.A. (Hons.) Nig; M.L.S. Ibadan and Ph.D. Nig. She worked at the British Council Enugu, as the Regional Assistant Librarian of the South Eastern zone before joining the services of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She has over twenty six years of Post-qualification cognate experience. Prof. Ezeani has edited two library and Information science books and also co-authored a book in Science Education. She has in addition, published several journal articles in reputable Library and Information Science Journals locally and internationally. She has also won a number of local and international grants. She is presently contributing to library education and scholarship by teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the Department of Library and Information Science U.N.N where she has been a professor of Library and Information Science since October 1, 2011. As an approved supervisor of the Master and PhD programmes of the Department of Library & Information Science, Prof. Ezeani has graduated twenty-five Ph.D and Master of Library and Information Science students. She was also the co-ordinator of The Use of Library and Study Skills (GSP111) for the Faculty of Arts U.N.N until her appointment as a University Librarian. Prof. Ezeani is hardworking, results-driven, decisive, proactive and resilient. In addition, she has high personal standards which she often brings to the workforce. She is gregarious, people-oriented, and very warm. Her hobbies are reading; writing; and listening to music. Finally, Prof. Mrs Ezeani is happily married to Professor Emmanuel Ezeani and they have four children.
My Personal Vision and Mission Statements
In furtherance of the aims and objectives of the university, my vision statement is to identify, acquire, organize, preserve, provide and disseminate resources of enduring value that will support teaching, learning and research at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
To achieve this dream of creating a super brand university library, I have the following as my mission statement:
- To assiduously develop an ICT driven world class academic research library system in support of functional teaching designed to restore the dignity of man.
- To create visibility of the resources of the University Library through the digitization process.
- To provide quick access to the resources of the University Library through document delivery mechanisms such as Strategic Dissemination of Information (SDI); Current Awareness; Current Content; and Table of Content processes to students and faculty.
- To provide cutting edge ICT driven library instruction programmes on the use of resources in the Library.
- To create a more dynamic image of the University library services through effective marketing and communication efforts.
- To provide leading edge training to sustain expertise and improve skills of library staff in the various sections of the University of Nigeria, Library system. This will enable staff to constantly provide top-notch customer services.