Chika Phoebe Madumere works with Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria, Nsukka as Librarian. She is also a member of Nigerian Library Association (NLA) and Librarian’s Registration Council of Nigeria (in view). Her academic qualifications are: Bachelor of Arts in Education B.A/ED (ENGL) and Degree of Master of Library and Information Science (MLS). She is currently doing her Ph.D programme in Library and Information Science and has a passionate interest in Librarianship. She has a strong work ethics and high moral principles and also works assiduously in order to achieve the objectives of the institution.
Areas of Interest/Summary of Expertise
- Archival sciences in librarianship.
- Preservation and conservation of information materials.
- Indexing and abstracting services.
GSP 111: The Use of Library and Study Skills.
Other Scholarly Activities
- Submitting of contents on Dspace institutional repository.
- Editing Koha entries on Koha library management software.
- Issuing library clearance to all categories of postgraduate students and staff.
- Replacing lost library cards for postgraduate and staff library users.
- Supervision of stacks in Social Sciences and shelf reading.
- Supervision of junior staff.
- Professional training of IT students.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Nigerian Library Association
- Librarian’s Registration Council of Nigeria (in view).