PUBLIC SERVICES DIVISION
To develop an ICT-compliant staff, able to provide proactive information service delivery suitable to support the library’s vision of developing an ICT driven academic and research library system
- To project and uphold good public relations towards our patrons,
- To provide ICT-driven library and information services to patrons.
- To be pacesetters in library and information service delivery in our library and other libraries.
- To apply best attitude to work for promotion of good work ethics and standards in library and information services.
- To project a good image of the library.
- To provide consultancy services to patrons, departments and faculties.
- To promote partnership within and outside the library system.
- To provide information services that are user-centred, user-friendly and instrumental to the advancement of teaching, learning, research and scholarship.
- To provide an appealing physical environment for the users, especially; the information commons.
- To promote variability excellence and progressive development in discovering new ways of improving on our present standards.
- Core values
The Division’s core values hinges upon the overall core values of the university. Some of these are:
- Punctuality, lateness to work is not acceptable in this Division.
- Regularity, we appreciate staff who are always at their duty post.
- Social Responsibility, we serve the community where our library is domiciled, through creating literacy programmes.
- Good public relations: we maintain good public relations
- Teamwork: We treasure teamwork in order to provide efficient services to our customers with diverse needs.
- Adaptable to change. We value open and honest communication at all levels.
- Integrity, Accountability, and Transparency: Our services and resource are provided with a sense of honesty, truthfulness, fairness and justice.
Who we are:
Public Services Division is the library’s image maker, the hub on which all library services revolve, which main duty is to enhance access to information in both print and non-print media. The Division is made up of the Circulation Section and the Reference Section.
What we Do
- Reference Section:
- We provide assistance or instruction in the use of basic reference sources.
- We provide online and email search services.
- We assist our patrons in identifying library materials needed to answer a question.
- We provide brief and factual answers to questions that can be quickly located.
- We also make referrals to institutions which have materials this library lacks.
- We keep statistics of usage of reference materials.
- We render information literacy programmes for our users.
- Circulation Section:
The Section is concerned with:
- The registration of library users;
- Lending materials to library users;
- Checking in materials returned;
- Monitoring materials for damage and recommending them for repair or replacement where necessary;
- Clearance of graduates and retired or severed staff;
- The keeping of statistical records for specific library services done in the section.
- And the maintenance of library shelves.